- 1 kg of fresh spinach ( washed and roughly chopped)
- ½ lb of veal or lamb cubed
- 2 tbsp of chopped garlic
- ½ cup of fresh coriander chopped
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp of allspice
- ½ cup of toast pine nuts-Optional
- 6 cups of water
- Light toast the pine in 2 tbsp of oil until light golden brown, set aside on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic until lightly golden (1-2 minutes) on moderate heat. Add meat, salt, pepper and allspice and cook until meat is done. Stir spinach and water and cover for 10 minutes.( spinach will wilt down once steamed and cooked in water)
- Add coriander and lemon juice and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with toasted pine nuts aside wedges of lemons.
- Serve hot with Lebanese rice.