- 2 medium size black eggplants, peeled, sliced
- 500 g of ground beef or your favorite meat
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cups of crushed tomato ( 1 large can)
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tbsp of oil cooking oil
- 2-4 tbsp of olive oil for brushing eggplant
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- 1tsp of red chili pepper flakes
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Peel the skin of the eggplants and slice into 1cm thickness. Brush with olive oil and place in oven on 350 for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a pot, sauté onion and garlic in cooking oil until lightly golden about 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add meat and cook until done.
- Add crushed tomato, water, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, basil and half of the chopped parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes and remove from heat. In lasagna tray, put 1 layer of eggplant followed by 1 layer of the meat sauce and repeat until done.
- Cover in foil and cook in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until eggplant is fork tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve hot with your favorite rice ( white basmati or Lebanese style rice)