- 4 medium size potatoes peeled and cut in bite size cubes
- 1 lb of cubed lamb stew meat
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 4 gloves of chopped garlic
- 1 cup of diced white onion
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 cup of fresh coriander
- 1 cup of spring onions chopped
- 2 tsp salt (as desired)
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups water
- In a large pot sauté onion and garlic for 1 minute on medium heat. Add lamb meat and cook until done (5 minutes) on medium to high heat.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and mix thoroughly, then a, add ½ of the coriander, and ½ of the spring onions, salt, allspice, black pepper, red chili flakes, cumin and the water.
- cook on medium heat while stirring every 5 minutes until potatoes and carrots are fork tender ( about 20-30 minutes)
- Turn heat off and sprinkle the top with the remaining coriander and spring onions. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes before serving as is or with your favorite rice (basmati or Lebanese styles rice).