- 3 cups of finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup of fine cracked burghul ( creaked wheat)
- 4 medium size tomatoes, diced small ( pea size)
- 2 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh mint ( optional)
- ¼ of cup of finely chopped spring green onions
- ½ of lemon juice
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt ( as desired)
- Rinse burghul and drain well from water, set aside for 15 minutes to soak in small amount of water ( ½ cup)
- Wash and chop parsley, mint, green onions and tomatoes
- Mix the chopped ingredients with salt , lemon juice, olive oil, toss the mixture well and add to soaked burghul , mix well all the ingredients together.
- Serve tabbouleh in a bowl OR, lay platter with crisp lettuce leaves and place tabbouleh on top, and enjoy.