- 4 bell peppers ( any colour)
- 1 cup cooked ground meat (lamb, beef, veal) –Optional—make it vegetarian add small pieces of mushroom to replace the meat.
- 1 cup of short grain rice
- 4 cloves of garlic ( chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium size tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon of salt (as desired)
- 1 tsp of black pepper ( as desired)
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakess
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- I large can of crushed tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Wash peppers, cut in half (long way). Rinse peppers let dry on paper towels.
- FILLING: cook ground meat until done, add to washed rice, with all the ingredients (chopped tomatoes, Presley, garlic and green onions, then add salt, black pepper, red pepper flacks, add Olive oil and Mix well
- Add filling to hollow out peppers, (4 tablespoons of the filling) depending on the size of the peppers.
- Place all stuffed peppers in deep oven dish. Empty 2 cups of crushed tomatoes into a bowl; add desired salt, pepper, dried Basil. Add 4 cups of water to crushed tomatoes mix well and place on top of peppers (spoon a tablespoon of the tomato sauce into the pepper it self).
- Cover with Aluminum foil, Place in a preheated (375 degrees) oven and cook for 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. serve hot and garnish with lemon wedges.