- 1½ cup fine semolina flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Turmeric
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of tahini paste
- 12-18 whole blanched almonds
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, semolina, baking powder and turmeric and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the milk and sugar, and then add the dry mixture and oil and beat on low-medium for 5 minutes ( this step is very important).
- Grease an 8 inch pan with tahini paste and pour the mixture in. Sprinkle with sliced almonds or pine nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until inserted wooden tooth pick come out clean.
- Remove and let to cool. Enjoy