- 2 Cups of fine semolina
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tsp of ground aniseed
- 2 teaspoons quick rise dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of vegetable. oil
- 1 small can of Nestle cream
- 1-1/2 cups of water more if needed to form a soft dough.
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of rose water
- In a bowl combine the semolina, ground aniseed, flour and yeast and mix together. Add the can of cream and the oil a little a time and mix it well.
- Add the water a little at a time and knead into a soft and elastic dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave for 1 hour.
- Start to prepare the syrup (mix all the ingredients in a small pan, then bring to a boil. Once it boils turn to low heat and keep hot to drop the macaron in.
- Divide the dough into 45-50 equal pieces or more if you like smaller ones. Shape into finger shapes roughly 3-4 inches, with your fingers press the dough and roll on the inside of a colander to form shape and make a bubbly indents, place on a tray and repeat for the rest.
- In a frying pan heat 4 cups of vegetable oil. One its hot gently drop macaron (8-12 at a time) in hot oil and fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drop into the hot syrup( leave in syrup until next patch is ready ). And repeat for rest of the macaron’s the same way.
- Remove from syrup and place on a serving tray. Serve at room temperature with coffee.