- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion( I medium size onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic ( 3 small cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned or fresh, diced tomatoes
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes or ( ½ cup of tomato sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash the green beans and pick both ends. Cut them into 2 to 3 inch lengths.
- Heat the olive oil, over medium heat, in a large pan. Add the onions and saute them for (3-4 minutes), add the garlic and saute another 2 minutes. Stir in, salt, black pepper and suate for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes, water, lemon juice and green beans. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pan and allow the beans to simmer until they are fully cooked (15-20 minutes). (Optional—sprinkle with chopped Presley)
- Enjoy as side dish or main dish along with (Lebanese rice with toasted vermicelli noodles), see recipe for Lebanese rice.