- 1 1/2 cup of your favorite rice ( I use Uncle Ben’s)
- 1/2 cup vermicelli noodles broken up into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp of salted butter
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- Wash and rinse rise, then soak in hot water for 30 minutes and drain water.
- In a pot, add butter and oil and brown vermicelli noodles until golden brown (keep stirring as it browns really quickly. Add drained rice.
- Stir in water and salt on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling Turn heat down to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 or until rice in tender and all water is absorbed.
Lebanese rice is with almost any stew dish