- 1 round pita bread cut into bit size pieces then toasted
- 2 cups romaine lettuce leaves (8-10) leaves, cut into small pieces ( bite size)
- 2 medium tomatoes washed and chopped into diced size
- ½ cup of radishes, washed and chopped
- ½ cup of red bell peppers
- ½ cup of green bell peppers
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic ( finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Sumac (optional – you can find this at any middle east spice store)
- 1 teaspoon of salt ( 1 more if desired)
- Cut pita bread into bite size pieces mix with one tablespoon of olive oil and bake on a baking sheet until golden at 350 degrees. Set aside to cool
- Wash and chop all ingredients….add to mixing bowl. Add oil, salt, dried mint, lemon juice.
- Mix well all the ingredients and transfer in into a serving bowl.
- Place the toasted pita bread on top of the fattoush and just before serving mix all together. Serve and enjoy.