- 500 g of extra lean ground beef ( you can substitute beef for lamb or veal)
- 1 cup of fine #1 burghul
- 2 table spoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of salt ( as desired)
- 1 small medium onion grated
- 2 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Rinse burghul and drain from water. Add Cumin, allspice, salt, 1 table spoon of olive oil and Combine together and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and grated onions. Knead mixture with your hands for 3-5 minutes. NOTE; may need 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Place into platter and flatten out to fit the platter. Take fork and indent the center and around it. Garnish with olive oil and fresh mint. Serve with flat bread ( pita)
NOTE: See main dishes on how to make Fried Kippi balls.