- 1 large English cucumber grated or finely diced.
- 3 cups laban ( plain yogurt)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 small cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped mint OR 1 tsp dried ground mint
- Grate or dice cucumber and set aside in strainer to drain any excess water for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped OR dried mint, salt and minced garlic to laban and mix. Then add the strained cucumbers to the laban and mix thoroughly.
- Bowl in a deep dish and garnish with fresh mint. This makes an excellent summer dish aside many meat dishes such as kebabs’ or just as a bowl of salad with Lebanese pita bread.
- Chill for 20 minutes before serving.