- 500g lean ground beef
- ½ cup grated onion
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 medium size potatoes, peeled and slice
- 4 tomatoes cut in wedges
- 2 medium onions roughly chopped
- 3 cup of tomato sauce OR crushed tomato
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- ½ cup oil for frying or baking
- 1 tsp of all spice
- 3 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl combine beef, grated onion, parsley black pepper, all spice, half the salt( 1 ½ tsp) and pepper flakes and knead thoroughly with your hands until all ingreidnts are well combined.
- Divided mixture into equal size and shape into small patties or fingers. Place on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or fry in pan until meat is cooked.
- Remove meat from tray and arrange into a deep dish (8X11). On top of meat patties layer the chopped onions, tomato wedges, and sliced potatoes.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce, water and remaining salt and pour evenly over the dish. Cover with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve hot aside Lebanese rice