- 1 can of fava beans -drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- In pan sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until the garlic is lightly golden. Add the drained fava beans and bring to a boil and simmer on low. Then add the lemon, salt and pepper and mix while trying to mash at least half the fava beans. Turn heat off and remove from oven.
- Place the cooked fava beans in a serving dish.
- Garnish the beans with parsley, tomato, green onions and the re remaining olive oil. Serve with pita bread and a plate filled a Varity of fresh vegetables of your choose.