- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 tsp of white sugar
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of yeast
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 lbs of peeled and grated potato
- 1 ½ cups of finely chopped onions
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley minced
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Peel and wash potatoes. In a large bowl place 4 cups of water and grate the potatoes to prevent them from discoloration. Once you’re done, take a hand full at a time and squeeze out all the water then place into a new bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients on top of the potatoes( white onions, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, tomato paste, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes) and mix thoroughly
- Divide the dough into 12-18 equal size pieces. Roll the dough to a thickness of 5 mm. Add 3 tablespoon of the potato mixture into the center of the rolled out dough.
- Seal the dough in the form of a triangle or squares. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes in a 375 degrees oven or until golden.
- TIP: I brush them with olive oil once they come out of the oven to that extra shine and keep them from drying out.
- Serve with yogurt for dipping-optional