- 1 cup dried chickpeas, (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup dried fava beans. (Soaked overnight) (Find it an any Middle Eastern Store)
- ½ cup onion, (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Wash and rinse chickpeas and fava beans and put them in a food processor. Add all the Ingredients (parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, baking powder, salt, black pepper and paprika powder). Pulse, until it forms coarse paste.
- Add water one tablespoon as a time until the mixture is course and fine. Remove from processer into a bowl to shape into mini balls.
- Scoop the falafel mixture into 1 tablespoon balls and shape with hands.
- In a saucepan or fryer, heat 2-3 inches of oil to 350 degrees. Drop round shape falafel balls into hot oil and fry until browned and crispy (1-2 minutes).
- Remove from oil and set on a rack or paper towel. Serve hot as they are or enjoy with Lebanese bread as a sandwich with condiments such as tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, pickled turnips and Tanini sauce. ( see Recipes under Sauces and dips)