- 3 cups small fresh okra (bamieh) or frozen.
- 200 g of beef stew ( small cubes)
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green kizbara (coriander)
- 2 tablespoons garlic ( finely chopped)
- 10 oz of crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 7 cups of water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- If using fresh okra cut the hard top stems from okra (frozen are already done) and wash and let dry on a paper towel. Crush garlic with salt and add to finely chopped Coriander, then set aside. Cook beef cubes until done and set aside.
- In a saucepan cook onion in olive oil until soft and golden, add garlic and ½ the (kizbara) coriander cook for 1 minute. Add the okra and cook beef and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add crushed tomatoes with the water and mix well, then add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until okra is soft. Pour into a large serving bowl and sprinkle with the rest of the coriander. Serve hot with Lebanese rice or cold as an appetizer with Lebanese flat bread.