Fatti be Laben is a rich Lebanese dish that is eaten usually as an appetizer usually in the month of Ramadan, but enjoyed by many any other time of the year. This dish mainly consists of chickpeas, toasted bread, plain yogurt, pine nuts and your choice of ground lamb, beef or chicken.
- 2 cups of Chick peas
- 3-4 Arabic pita bread ( cut into bite size pieces and Toast)
- 2 tablespoon of melted butter
- 8 cups of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of garlic(Crushed)
- 2 teaspoon of Salt ( more if desired)
- ½ cup of pine nut (toast)
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
If you want it with meat ( beef, lamb or chicken)
- 150 grams Fried ground lamb meat (optional or your choice of meat)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Drain and rinse the chick peas and set aside.
- Cut the bread into small square pieces and place them in a deep bowl. Add the olive oil and mix with the bread until well coated. Place on a flat sheet and bake on 375 degrees until golden brown.
- Place the toasted bread in a deep dish.
- In a bowl, mix the plain yogurt, salt and garlic ( taste, add more salt or garlic for your liking)
- In a small pan, fry the meat until cooked with salt and black pepper, place into a bowl.
- In the same pan, toast the pine nuts until light golden brown.
- Once everything is ready, pour the yogurt over the bread.
- Pour the Chick peas over the top and spread evenly.
- Add cooked meat on the top ( optional)
- Place the pine nuts chick peas and yogurt
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
Finger Dates, Lebaese Dessert
3 cups of four
1 large spoon of yeast
1 large spoon sugar
1 small spoon baking powder
¼ small spoon of salt
¼ small spoon of cinnamon
½ cup veggie oil
¾ cup of warm water
450 grams date paste
1 large spoon of butter
1 small spoon of cinnamon
1 large egg
¼ spoon small vanilla
¼ cup sesame seeds
- In a bowl of your food processor with the dough hook add 2 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, baking
powder, salt, cinnamon, and mix well.
- Add the oil and water and mix until dough separates from walls. Then add the remaining flour and knead for 5
- Remove and rub with oil, then place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic for 1 hour.
- Mix the filling ingredients until you get soft dough that you can shape into fingers.
- On a flat layer, roll out dough into any size you want (1-2 cm thickness) place filling,
and roll over twice only. You can make one at a time or roll out a large sheet
and use a knife to cut into you shapes.
- Place the fingers on a baking sheet. Mix the upper
layer ingredients (egg, vanilla) and brush the fingers, then sprinkle with the
sesame seeds. Place in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Baking for 10-20 until golden brown