- 2 ½ cups of plain flour
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ pistachio nuts, crushed
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- Water ( AS NEEDED)
- 1 ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, crushed
Combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder then mix well. Add the melted butter and vanilla and mix with your hands until well combined.
Then add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until soft dough and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Make small balls with the dough. Press each ball gently to make a circle. Dip one side in the crushed pistachio, turn and dip the other side in the sesame seed press well here to hold the seeds in place.
Place them using a non-stick tray and bake at 300 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden in color
Remove and let cool before serving with coffee or tea.
Spicy Chicken Curry
- 3 medium size chicken breast ( cut into desired shape)
- 3 meduim potatoes ( cut into cubes)
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 ½ cups of green peas
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
- ½ cup of boiled then mashed yams ( substitute for sweet potato or yellow squash)
- 2 large tablespoon of red curry paste ( more or less for desired taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
In a wok or pot heat oil and add chicken, cook well and set aside.
In the same pan add onion slices and fry on medium heat for 2 minutes or until they become light golden in color.
Add garlic, ginger, curry paste, ground coriander, curry powder, tomato paste, black pepper, salt mashed yams and bay leaf then mix well. Then add coconut milk and water and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add the cooked chicken, potato’s and green peas to the pot. Stir and simmer for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are well cooked and sauce is slightly thickened.
Serve alongside your favorite rice.