<-click to zoom
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ salt
- ½ cup of dried cranberries coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup of coarsely chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp of vegetable shortening
- NOTE: you can substitute the cranberries for your favorite dried fruit (peaches, cherries, raisins) or change the recipe with any choice of nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In an electric mixer, add eggs and sugar and beat on high for 4-5 minutes ( it should be thick and pale in colour. Then beat in vanilla and lemon zest until combined.
- In a bowl mix thoroughly flour, baking powder and salt. Then add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in cranberries, pistachios and almonds. (You can use electric mixer or kneed them yourself)
- Transfer the dough onto a flat surface and divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Shape into logs about 20cm long and 3cm thick. Place the logs on a baking sheet about 5 cm apart. Lightly moist your hands in water if the dough is sticky to help you shape into logs.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the cooled biscotti’s into 2 cm slices, on the diagonal and place back on the baking sheet. Then place back in oven for 5 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Melt 1 cup of chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate and 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening in a small metal bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering hot water.
- Line a sheet with parchment paper. Remove melted chocolate from heat and dip the bottom end of the biscotti’s into the melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper and cool in the fridge for ½ hour before serving with your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
<-click to zoom
- 1 kg potatoes cut into desired shape wash and dry
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1tsp of dried Basil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- In a bowl place dry potatoes with all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place on baking sheet or oven dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly toasted around the edges and golden brown all over. ( make sure no to over crowd the potatoes on the try)
- Remove from oven and serve as a side dish with pita bread or as a side dish.